Thanks for the replies...

My Scene class manages the scene graph almost entirely (sans custom
nodevisitors and callbacks).  It isn't derived from any osg classes and I can't
really think of any reason why it should be...  The class itself has no active
role in the scene graph, it merely acts as a container for the scene graph and
whatever functions I need to manipulate the scene graph.

However, on a wild hunch, I tried inheriting osg::Referenced into Scene (then
making all references to my Scene object osg::ref_ptr<sg::Scene>) but to no
avail (note that "sg" is the namespace I use for my application).

Anyway, I'd include code, but there's five files or so and it needs a little
cleaning, so I'll try to post that later, in the hopes someone wants to poke
though it...

Thanks!