On 10/22/2011 09:09 AM, Tiziano Müller wrote:
Hi everyone

I am using OpenSceneGraph-3.0.1 for a little project together with Qt-4.7.4
and it worked perfectly. After same updates on my system (I can't figure
out what exactly changed) I get segfaults when starting either my app or
the osgviewerQt demo.

Hi, Tiziano,

It looks like you're using the open-source Nouveau drivers that come with Fedora. These drivers are in a constant state of development. From the Nouveau FAQ:

         nv50 and nvc0

   On February 28th, 2011, the original nv50 Gallium3D driver was
   completely replaced (in git) by the nvc0 Gallium3D driver ported to
   NV50 family of cards. These drivers are included in *Mesa 7.11*. For
   nvc0 and the new nv50 drivers, you have to use *at least the 2.6.38
   kernel* or you will encounter memory corruption.

   Bug reports for nv50 and nvc0 can be submitted by following the
   general reporting guidelines
   <http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/Bugs>. Please, also follow the
   /About bugs and problems/ section above.

If you want things to function reliably, you should probably install the proprietary Nvidia drivers from http://www.nvidia.com. Otherwise, it'll be up to you to deal with the normal issues of unstable open-source software.

--"J"