On 10/26/2011 3:16 PM, Pecoraro, Alexander N wrote:

The value of name that is returned is InstancePositions[0] and InstanceScales[0] – instead of just InstancePositions and InstanceScales (without the square brackets) in my scene graph’s StateSet. So when it comes time to apply the uniforms it can’t find a mapping from my StateSet’s Uniform to the Program’s list of uniforms because the names differ.

Is that normal behavior for glActiveUniform to return array names with square brackets appended?

This has been discussed extensively recently, but I don't recall the resolution. If you can't find any information by searching the archives, then you might try posting a new thread (as it has nothing to do with draw instanced).

It might already be fixed on trunk, so if you aren't on trunk, perhaps you should try that.
   -Paul