Hi,
Everyone here,I am a freshman,I want to use osgdem to build my terrain.
In general,I download the img format files just like dem and texture to build
the ive format file.
I want the ive format terrain file to have the latitude and longitude
information so I can use it to locate the models.
But I don't know how to add lat,lon information into the ive format terrain
file by osgdem.Just use the --geocentric command? Or What can I do to set the
coordinate system.
I know we can use the CoordinateSystemNode in osg to get the lat,lon,height
information if the file we use has the coordinate system.
So I think we can use the mouse the get the intersections with the terrain file
then we can get the X,Y,Z,so we can put the models what we want to the x,y,z
position.
I means we can build the scenery based on the terrain file,in other words we
can make the world.
If we know the lat,lon,height information of the terrain,we can simulate the
plane's flying.
So Is that possible?
If we need the lat,lon information,can anyone here tell me how to make it?
Or how to use osgdem or osgEarth to make it.

Thank you!

Cheers,
kingbyang