On 11/18/2011 02:36 PM, dan marshal wrote:
Hi,

I did a search of this forum, and have not seen anything yet in osg docs to
suggest how to add a basic menu or dialog box to an osg application.

Short of trying to tie osg with qt does anyone have a simple way to open a file
dialog, or simply to change settings?  I would like to stay within the osg
framework if possible.

What are you using?  Is there an osg example with a menu or dialog?  Maybe I
have not seen it...

OSG isn't really a GUI library. There is basic support for on-screen widgets in the osgWidget nodekit, but it's probably not as full-featured as you're hoping. Most folks that do what you're looking to do use OSG with an external toolkit, like Qt or GTK+.

There are OSG examples for integrating with Qt and GTK+, so you might want to have a look there.

--"J"