Howdy folks

I got a question about viewing different cameras, one at a time, from one and
the same display:

I am running a virtual environment for multiple AI agents. Each of them have a
camera sensor. So each agent has an osg::Camera and continuously produce
offscreen image sequences that get processed by the AI and then steer the agent
(and its camera) accordingly (closed loop feedback).

So each agent has a viewer that renders to a pBuffer to generate osg::Images
that get processed.

Now, as curious as I am, during the simulation runs, I would also like to
select any agent and "see" what the agent is currently "seeing". So I would
have just one display, and through the use of a keyboard input select any agent
in my environment and then watch its camera feed in the one and only display.

What would be the best way to achieve this? Could I have a single viewer to
drive my display, and depending on my keyboard input hot swap in and out the
osg::Camera objects through the osgViewer::Viewer->setCamera() method? (if not,
why not?)

Alternatively, I could tap into the video streams directly (i.e. the
osg::Images in CPU memory from each agent) and then somehow display the images
directly to the screen? How would I go about that?

Thank you in advance

Cheers,
bart