Hi all,

I'm fairly new to osg and graphics programming in general, so please bear with
me  :)

I am looking to retrieve the pixels from my scene after everything (except the
post processing/overlay stuff) has been rendered. I need to get this every
frame to perform some simple image analysis of the scene which then will effect
how the final frame is displayed. The main catch is I need this to be fast so
that I don't take any major performance hits.

I plan to use a PostDrawCallback, but does the FBO allow me to avoid calling
glReadPixels or speed it up at all? If so how do I set it up to do so? Or are
there any other ways to avoid copying to main mem?

Also, after the PostDrawCallback is it possible to still use a frag shader to
modify the scene after I perform my analysis, or do I have to modify the pixels
in my callback function?

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks