On 01/10/2012 02:06 AM, Joel Graff wrote:
The application isn't designed to create particularly large scene graphs, but
it is a shader development tool.  I can't really guess at the effect of a
bloated structure, but I have the funny feeling it won't really matter.  I also
don't really know how flexible I may want my application node to be, but I see
significant advantages to using the latter method and letting profiling after
the fact bear out the bottlenecks.

I think you're right. For your use case, I don't think a few nodes that are technically redundant will matter all that much.

You can always streamline later if it becomes a problem, but I doubt you'll need to.

--"J"