Hi Chris,

On 13 January 2012 15:45, Chris Denham <c.m.den...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> My example code was only meant to show the symtoms of the problem I get it in
> my "real world" code. How can I use a composite viewer to implement views
> within multiple browser plugin instances, potentially on different web pages?
> Would I have to make the composite viewer a singleton that holds references
> to the embedded windows created for each plugin instance? It's never gonna
> fly!

Um... in this type of usage it may well be the easier to have multiple
viewers.

When you are doing your browser plugin how to you manage the graphics contexts?

> Interesting update to the problem though; it seems not related to the
> embedding of the textures within the IVE, but more to do with the way IVE
> reader creates images. The reason being that if I convert cow.osg using
> "osgconv -O noTexturesInIVEFile cow.osg cow.ive" I still get the problem, but
> if I load "cow.osg" into my example, it seems fine.

I suspect the problem may well be down to the OpenGL object ID's for
the texture objects being shared inappropriately in your application.
The is designed to use a different osg::State::ContextID value for
each context, if different contexts use the same value for ContextID
then they will share the same OpenGL object ID's which will introduce
errors like you've seen.  It's not the only way to create the errors,
so it's only a hunch on my part.

Anyway I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with .ive
plugin or the models, all they will be doing is providing us with
hints as to what is wrong at a higher level.