Hey guys,

I'm trying to render some text using a special method which requires 2 - 3 draw
calls per character.

I'm adding all of the text to a Group node one character at a time in the order
that they appear in the text. What I want to do is sort the drawing of the
characters so that characters that are repeated are drawn consecutively to
minimize state changes. I tried doing this with a custom RenderBin but I
couldn't come up with a sorting algorithm that was good enough to sort a couple
of thousand draw calls every frame.

Ideally I'd like to do this sorting only whenever the text changes. I've been
trying to sort the _children in my Group node using its traverse function and
using a CullCallback but that doesn't seem to have any effect, the RenderBin
still gets all the Geodes in traversal order even though I use a custom
RenderBin with no sorting.

Is there a way I can do this sorting before the everything gets to the
RenderBins?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Sean