Thanks guys. That's exactly what I was envisioning. I didn't realize
findFileInPath had that option, so that would make it easier than
using BOOST. I'd guess the readfilecallback would call the normal read
implementation. If it succeeded, it could return that, and if it
failed, try  findFileInPath and then readImageImplementation() and
return the result of that.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. xe...@alphapixel.com
http://www.alphapixel.com/