Hi, Christian

You can do this, although can say anything about hardware accelerated
decoding... that depends on backend of plugin that you use for movie loading to
osg (there are xine ffmpeg directshow and quicktime plugins in osg for video
decoding, i dont know for sure if any of these use hardware accelerated video
decoding)

Cheers,
Sergey