Hi,

You mentioned that "you need the libpng development libraries installed on your
system".  The closest thing I have to that is ReaderWriterPNG.cpp under
OpenSceneGraph-3.0.1/src/osgPlugins/png.  Is that it?  If not, where would I
download what I need for my version of OGS?  Is it documented anywhere that you
have to do this if you want to do PNG?

Doing a search in Synaptic Package Manager it shows packages such as
linpng12-dev and linpng++-dev but I have no idea if those are compatible with
OSG.

You mentioned "I'm guessing you installed OSG-3.0.0 from a package in your Linux
distribution".  The only thing available from Synaptic Package Manager was
version 2.8.3 so I downloaded version 3.0.0 from the OSG site.  After I
installed it (didn't need to build from source), I found out a mistake had been
made in it and they had left out the Qt support.  OSG V 3.0.1 didn't have a
binary you could download so I had to build it from source.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Zachary