Thank you for the information. They are getting closer to what I am looking
for. I tried osgwTools. It seems to work well, but ideally I would make the
call and immediately know that the image has been created. Obviously, I can
read the file back in to save it to the clipboard if needed. Also, it seems
that textured overlays & controls are not being included in the image. This may
or may not be a good thing.

Of course, I have taken a quick look at osg's ScreenCaptureHandler. However, I
have not quite checked out the osg examples osgautocapture, osgscreencapture,
or osgposter (this one is referred to above).