Hi Cedric,

The TriStripVisitor is really something that was valuable 5+ years
ago, these days modern graphics cards prefer larger primitive batches
using index triangle meshes, with the index ordering optimized to make
the best use of the vertex cache on the GPUs.  The problem with
tri-stripping is that it creates a large number of PrimtiveSet's which
creates more OpenGL calls than a smaller number of larger
PrimitiveSet.

Use of the MeshOptimizer would probably be a the best default for
Simplifer now.  Right now you can use the
Simplifier::setDoTriStrip(bool) method to switch off the use of
tristripping, but I now inclined to think we should have an enum that
tells the Simplifer what post processing it should do on the data.

Thoughts?
Robert.