On 04/02/2012 10:57 AM, Robert Osfield wrote:
Hi All,

I am currently looking at Joomla, while I read up about it, has anyone
else out there worked with Joomla?  Thoughts?

Hi, Robert,

We use Joomla for pretty much all of our web presence here in our lab, as well as for some additional work we do with the UCF programming team. The basic web stuff is pretty straightforward in Joomla. We've also written some Joomla extensions to support the programming team work (we run programming contests completely within the Joomla environment).

One thing we've not really done is host a software repository as part of the site itself, but I don't think that would be difficult.

Feel free to take a look at our sites if you like:

http://www.irl.ucf.edu
http://www.ucfprogrammingteam.org

You might also want to check out joomlashack.com for templates and extensions.

--"J"