Hi Preet,

On 4 April 2012 01:10, Preet <prismatic.proj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need Vec3d precision for my geometry. I spent a long time trying to
> figure out why tessellator wouldn't work at all on my data, until I
> changed all of my Vec3d's to 'Vec3' on a whim. Now it works fine...
> but the issue still remains. How can I use double precision with
> tessellator?

Support for Vec3d's for geometry in the OSG is relatively new thing
and not all elements support them, Tessellator included.  Internal the
GLU tessellator does use double vertices so there is the potentially
for adding support for Vec3dArray into osgUtil::Tessellator, however,
one will need to modify the internals in a number of places to make
this possible.

As a general comment Vec3d's for geometry will still be very very
inefficient to render on almost all graphics hardware so it's not
recommend to use double for geometry for anything other than importing
GIS data.  Once the data is in the scene graph it's best to decorate
your subgraph MatrixTransform the places a subgraph into it's final
position in space, whilst the subgraph is moved to local coordinate
frame.