Hi Guys,

We want to port an OSG program to Ipad. This was once written on Windows.
We already gathered some experience on OSG/GLES when porting it to Android.
And now its time for IOS. We are completely fresh on IOS Mac programming,
though. So fresh, we don't even own a Mac for development station, yet. In
preparation for the task I was looking on OSG site and mailing list for
some guidance. My overall impression is not too rosy, though. I've found
posts that CMake does not work with XCode and XCode project has a separate
manually maintained repo. Since I am a such a newbie on the topic I can't
figure out how severe the whole picture is and how easy or messy attempt
could be. So I decided to just start a small poll and ask these few
questions directly:

- Is IOS/OSG environment mature enough to attempt a more advanced
application than test samples ?

- For larger app would you recommend XCode or command line Cmake build ?

- I have read that XCode can be quite unresponsive with OSG project on Mac
mini. Could you recommend some minimal HW configuration to handle the
environment and allow for comfortable work ?

- Can OSG/GLES program be tested on IPAD emulator on Mac ? We could not do
it with Android (last week version of Android SDK  supposedly changes that)
?

- OSG development on Android in my opinion is far from perfect situation
(comparing to Linux or Windows). If you had an experience with both Android
and IOS can you just say if development for IPAD is simpler or tougher ?

Thanks in advance for all the answers. I will be very grateful for every
other hints on how to begin ;-)

Best Regards,
Wojtek Lewandowski