I am looking to build a Java wrapper with JNI around the code which
basically exists inside of osgdem.cpp.

The bulk of that code resides in vpb.dll and osgDB.dll.

Anybody tried this?   I am guessing others have already done this.

I also want to send back the console output back to the java caller
via a java callback

basically,

if I wrote a JNI class named OsgDem.java

I would write code my OsgDemTest.java like this:

       class MyOsgHandler implements OsgHander {

           @Override
            void OnStatus (String output) {
                  System.out.println(output);
            }

            @Override
            void OnEnd (boolean success, String resultMsg) {
                   if (success) {
                          System.out.println("good");
                   } else {
                           System.out.println("bad");
                   }
            }
       }

        @Test
        public void testOsgdem() {
                Properties global = new Properties();

                global.load("osgdem.properties");
                OsgDem generator = new OsgDem(global);
                generator.start(handler, inputTerrainPath,
inputTexturePath, outputFilePath);

        }

Anybody have any JNI code that I can start with to build my OsdDem?