Hi, all

I want to use two GTS 250 cards to do the parallel rendering job based on
OpenSceneGraph。

In my experiment, a scene full of complex models is split to 2 parts
according to viewport。
The 2 parts are rendered in seperated windows (actually two slaves).
I hope the LEFT part is rendered in the first screen and by the first GPU,
and the RIGHT part in the second screen and by the second GPU。
The results are a little wierd and disappointing.

Experiment condition:
GigaByte Motherboard EX58-UD3R, 2 GTS 250 Cards, Windows XP, driver 285.58
gpuz are used to monitor the GPUs.
There are 3 SLI options: Maximize 3D performance, Activate all displays,
Disable SLI

CASE 1: 1 screen and 1 GPU, 1 window
Frame Rate: 8.4
GPU Load: 100%

CASE 2: 2 screens and 2 GPU, 2 windows, the scene are split
Frame Rate: 3.5
GPU1 Load: 60%
GPU2 Load: 60%

CASE 3: 2 screens and 2 GPU, 1 window in 1st screen
Frame Rate: 8.4, 14 if only half of the scene is rendered
GPU1 Load: 100%
GPU2 Load: 100%

CASE 1,2,3 are the same for "Activate all displays" and "Disable SLI" mode。
When I use "Maximize 3D performance" mode, and use the SLI connector to
connect the 2 GPU cards, there is only 1 screen left。
But according to the gpuz, only 1 GPU is working。

CASE 4: 1 screen and 2 GPUs, 1 window
Frame Rate: 8.4
GPU1 Load: 100%
GPU2 Load: 0%

CASE 5: 1 screen and 2 GPUs, 2 window
Frame Rate: 3.5
GPU1 Load: 60%
GPU2 Load: 0%

My assumption that 2 GPUs can work independently seems not right.
And the SLI is also not working。
It looks like there is always only 1 GPU working, even the other GPU is
full of load。

So my problem is:
1. In windows, how can I let the 2 GPUs work independently and bind the
screen with the GPU.
2. Why the SLI mode seems failed? Are there some special configurations?

Any advice will be appreciated!

--
Bob