Hi,

I'm having the same problem.  I'm also running Ubuntu 12.04.  I know the code
works because I have it running under Fedora 13.

The critical line is:
g++  -g -gstabs+ -DOSG_COMPILE_UNIT_TESTS  -L/usr/X11R6/lib64
-L../../../../local/lib -L../../../../devel/lib/Linux64  -shared  DAHud.o
DynamicManager.o EnvironmentManager.o HudManager.o StaticManager.o TileGroup.o
VectionViewMode.o vectionVisuals.o vectionVisUtils.o VehicleCameraPlatform.o
ViewModeFirstPerson.o ViewModeThirdPerson.o VisData.o Visuals.o   -losgSim
-losgGA -losgViewer -losg -losgUtil -losgDB -losgParticle -losgText -losgSim
-losgFX -lOpenThreads -lsimApp -lSimRenderer -ljpeg -lxclApp -lboost_signals -o
Visuals.so

The -L in the above example in my case does need to be there because it is also
linking against Producer.  Because it is a shared library everything compiles
just fine.  It's when it runs that I have a problem.  I wind up with:

undefined symbol: _ZN6osgSim12DOFTransform8traverseERN3osg11NodeVisitorE

I've tried adding every osg* lib I can think of but it makes no difference.
Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Cheers,
Mike