2012/7/3 Chris Hanson <xe...@alphapixel.com>

> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Jordi Torres <jtorresfa...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>   Use the Google cache. The original wiki seems to be getting over-run by
>> crap now.
>>

>>> Off topic, but the culprit is a Microsoft bot, a crawler for bing. I
>> doublechecked the IP's and all of them belong to microsoft  . I have tried
>> to disallow the indexing of this robot, we will see. Anyway there are many
>> people getting spoofed by this crawler...sic.
>>

>   Are you saying a Microsoft bot/IP is posting spam to the wiki?

Nope, they are not posting spam, but eating all the resources of the trac
til the extenuation. But it seems they are not following the rules of the
game w.r.t robots.txt. Our trac is not working well since a couple of years
ago, so any overhead on the server results in a fall down of the server.
This week I'll do some changes and I hope it will be running better.

>   If you have evidence of this you should be contacting Bing / Microsoft
> Abuse immediately.

If they continue with this kind of "DoS" attack  I will put a rule in the
firewall to prevent this issue, and of course I'll contact them.

Cheers.