On 04/08/2012 2:38 PM, Alberto Luaces wrote:
I think if you write an osgGA::GUIEventHandler that reports that you
handled the ESC key (by returning true), the viewer won't do its own
processing.

In addition to this, I suggest you look into the following methods of the osgViewer::ViewerBase class (which both CompositeViewer and Viewer inherit):

/** Set the key event that the viewer checks on each frame to see if the viewer's done flag should be set to
          * signal end of viewers main loop.
          * Default value is Escape (osgGA::GUIEVentAdapter::KEY_Escape).
          * Setting to 0 switches off the feature.*/
        void setKeyEventSetsDone(int key) { _keyEventSetsDone = key; }
/** get the key event that the viewer checks on each frame to see if the viewer's done flag.*/
        int getKeyEventSetsDone() const { return _keyEventSetsDone; }
/** if the flag is true, the viewer set its done flag when a QUIT_APPLICATION is received, false disables this feature */
        void setQuitEventSetsDone(bool flag) { _quitEventSetsDone = flag; }
/** @return true if the viewer respond to the QUIT_APPLICATION-event */
        bool getQuitEventSetsDone() const { return _quitEventSetsDone; }

Hope this helps,

J-S