Hi Preet,

Performance optimization is huge topic, that's been covered many many
times in the OSG community so have a search through the archives.

One small pointer that might help is for modern hardware is to prefer
using a single DrawElementsUShort primitive set with GL_TRIANGLES
rather than separate fans or tri strips.  Use of VBO's will generally
be useful, but profile it for your application and hardware.

Robert.