On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 11:05 -0600, Paul Martz wrote:
> Doesn't a Drawable's state get applied prior to the call to
> Drawable::drawImplementation()? If so, you could just put the _program in
> your
> Drawable's StateSet?

I'm working on a nodekit for NV_path_rendering, which takes an "as of
yet unseen" approach to rendering; new go OpenGL, at any rate. :)

They call it the "Stencil then Cover" approach, and like most 2D vector
drawing libraries, there is a notion of both STROKING _and_ FILLING. In
order to support arbitrary shading on both the affected stroke fragments
and affected fill fragments, I need to be able to potentially set two
different shaders during a single drawable drawImplementation.

Now, having said that--which I potentially should have mentioned in the
first email--does that change any advice you might have? :)

(Thanks for the response, btw... good info.)