Greetings All!

I'm just getting the time to do some real study on VPB and I had some questions
about LOD and controlling it!

First of all, I'm going to reverence a tool that I know “Terra Vista” for an
example. If you don't know about this tool, I understand and try to explain in
more detail.

One of the tricks you can do in Terra Vista is that you can limit the amount of
LOD's you can use in a given area over others. This allows you to build terrain
that has higher level of detail in some areas (where it matters ) and allows
other areas to max out at a lower level of detail. This in the end would make
the terrain take up less space than of all of the terrain was at a high level
of detail.

I managed to get a group of satellite data at 1 meter resolution and it works
fine, but it's taking up over 50 gigs of Hard disk space. I like to cut it back
a bit so I can at lease maybe get it on a double layer DVD, if not , a blue ray
disk.  I figure that if I can cut back on the resolution in areas that I don’t
need to be at 1 meter resolution, I can cut the size in whole of the terrain to
something more manageable.

Dglenn

David Glenn
D Glenn 3D Computer Graphics & Media Systems.
www.dglenn.com