I saw that installing OSG on Linux would be easy, so gave it a shot on RHEL6.x.
OSG built without any problems, and I set the paths mentioned in this page
(http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/GettingStarted).

But when I created a git clone of virtualplanetbuilder and typed the
./configure of VPB, it gave me this error:

Code:
[root@static-104 vpb]# ./configure
-- Could NOT find osgDB (missing:  OSGDB_LIBRARY OSGDB_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgFX (missing:  OSGFX_LIBRARY OSGFX_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgUtil (missing:  OSGUTIL_LIBRARY OSGUTIL_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgSim (missing:  OSGSIM_LIBRARY OSGSIM_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgTerrain (missing:  OSGTERRAIN_LIBRARY
OSGTERRAIN_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgViewer (missing:  OSGVIEWER_LIBRARY OSGVIEWER_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgGA (missing:  OSGGA_LIBRARY OSGGA_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgText (missing:  OSGTEXT_LIBRARY OSGTEXT_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osg (missing:  OSG_LIBRARY OSG_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find OpenThreads (missing:  OPENTHREADS_LIBRARY
OPENTHREADS_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at /usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindOpenSceneGraph.cmake:226
(message):
  ERROR: Missing the following osg libraries: osgDB osgFX osgUtil osgSim
  osgTerrain osgViewer osgGA osgText osg OpenThreads.

  Consider using CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or the OSG_DIR environment variable.  See
  the /usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindOpenSceneGraph.cmake for more
  details.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:174 (FIND_PACKAGE)

My main question is what can I do to solve this kind of error. I looked at the
CMake lists but that does not seem to be the problem.

Additional info:
Although osg had built without any problems, I'm not able to render anything
with the viewer.

Code:
[root@static-104 osg]# export PATH={$PATH}:/home/nav/osg/osg/bin
[root@static-104 osg]# export OSG_FILE_PATH=/home/nav/osg/osgdata
[root@static-104 osg]# osgviewer cow.osg
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "cow.osg".
osgviewer: No data loaded

Did I miss something?