Hi,

I am new to OpenScenegraph and I am trying to use osgviewer in an MFC MDI
application
(something like osgviewerMFC example) for displaying entities obtained
from an external application. I am using OpenScenegraph 2.2.0

The structure of the graph I am making is something like this:
1.      osg::Group as the root node (RootNode)
2.      osg::LightSource node (LightNode) as a child of RootNode
3.      One osg::Geode node per entity (GeoNode) as a child of LightNode
4.      One osg::Geometry node per entity (GeomNode) as a child of GeoNode
(BIND_PER_PRIMITIVE_SET for normals and colors)
5.      osg::DrawArrays added as primitive sets to GeomNode

Using test data from the external application and saving the graph to osg files,
I observed that their size is very big (88 MB in one case and 115 MB in
another).
Moreover the memory consumption is very high (about 130 MB in one case and 350
MB in another)
and it will be a serious problem when trying to depict more than one sets of
data
(in different child windows of the MDI application)

Are there any guidelines for reducing the memory usage?

P.S:In addition I noticed that in some cases there is a performance gain when
using
setUseVertexBufferObjects(true). Could you please provide with an explanation
of
when something like this can happen?

Thank you very much in advance