I need to retain my texture information in a full 32 bit float format as my
textures store temperature values in high precision celsius units. I added a
parser to GDAL to load my terrain and texture datasets from their respective
file formats and that part is working just fine.

Looking over the osgDem options I see --RGBA32F and --RGB32F options but what I
need is a --LUMINANCE32F option. So, I am digging through the code to figure
out how to do this.

I have found the point in Destination.cpp where the image sets are being
retrieved and I checked the GL pixel format and data type of the image
instances at that point. They show GL_FLOAT as the pixel data type and GL_RGBA
as the pixel data format.

Can you direct me to the point that the incoming texture data is being
converted from GL_LUMINANCE32F to GL_RGBA? I would like to modify it so that my
textures were not chopped and quantized so that I can retain the incoming
precision and units.

Thanks,
Paul