Hi Robert,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Robert Osfield

> This might well push you over the limit supported by fixed function
> pipeline on your hardware so it's likely you'll need to look at using
> GLSL shaders.  As you have a pretty straight forward usage case this
> won't require anything too complicated.

Ok thanks

> With OpenGL the whole mesh will be textured by all textures you apply,
> the way to get non and textured parts for areas outside the texture
> coordinate range 0,0 to 1,1 is to set a alpha value of 0 for the
> border colour, something like (1,1,1,0) would be appropriate.  However
> if you are using GLSL you can use test the texture coordinate prior to
> reading the texture and then just blend the colours as you require.

This seems the way to go. Alternatively one could split (i.e duplicate
vertices) the mesh at seams and generate a texture atlas (should be easy
for all the fotos). This should allow me to use one texture.

Multiple approaches, which one to take? ;)

> It's not really me place to teach you GLSL so I have to recommend that
> you look at online resources for GLSL, and on the OSG side have a look
> at the osgshaders example and any other places where osg::Program
> crops up in the OSG examples or code base.

That's ok, I'm thankful for all the input received!

Best,
Christoph