Hello Janna,

Currently I've created sub classes based on current manipulators in osgGA such
as OrbitManipulator however I think it would be great to submit small patched
to osg later.

I think that's generally a good idea as it means you have less code to maintain on your side in the future, and others may benefit from your changes as well.

I've seen something interesting in the code related to NodeTrackerManipulator
[...]

This is something related to the Vortex integration of OSG, so I think we should take this off-list. Not that it's necessarily sensitive information, it's just not useful to others on this list.

J-S