Hi Ale,

My guess is that it's OpenGL side that is consume all the memory, but as
you haven't provide any stack trace it's impossible for say this
definitively.  Breaking an object into smaller parts won't help if it's
OpenGL objects that are consuming all the memory, it will likely help with
performance once you get things working.  Avoiding use of display lists and
VBO will help with the OpenGL memory consumption but will have an adverse
effect on performance.

Robert.