You don't even need to use the openflight api (is it freelebly available?).
Go download the OpenFlight spec from the Presagis website (it is free) and
write something that will change the texture name in the openflight texture
palette. If you are after using dds instead of rgb you change only the
extension in the palette. I have done this several times.

Nick

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Cary, Karl A. <karl.a.c...@saic.com> wrote:

> If you have a need to actually change the flt file itself to change it
> to use dds textures, you can write something using the openFLT API. I
> actually just very recently did this myself. We had several hundred
> models we were converting to use dds instead of rgb files. The samples
> given with the API and the documentation should be good enough if you go
> that route. Look at the egwalk example to figure out how to drill down
> the structure. To actually change the name you will need to use the
> mgGetFirstTexture, mgGetTextureSaveName, and mgGetNextTexture. That took
> me a while to figure out..

trajce nikolov nick