tomhog wrote:
> Hi All
>
> So I've written an app for iOS that uses pvrtc format for a couple of big
> glyphmap textures 2048x2048. This works fine with the pvr plugin.
>
> I'm now porting to Android and have stubbled across the problem of not all
> devices supporting pvrtc. However supposedly all of them support etc1 format.
>
> Looking at the pvr plugin it seems to also support etc1 format, but when I
> try and load one I get the following error
>

> Failed to verify pvr header: 1, 0, 0, 0
>

> I used PVRTexToolGui v3.33 to convert the image using the ETC1 setting. Does
> anyone know of a better tool to use.
>
> Cheers
> Tom

Hi,

I'm reviving this old post because I have run into the same problem.  I need to
use ETC1 compression for Android but I'm struggling to find a tool that will
create image files that OSG can consume.  AFAIK from searching the code,
osgPlugin pvr is the only thing that will load an ETC1 compressed image.

So I have the same question as Tom: is there another tool I should be using
that will make ETC1 compressed pvr's with the right header?

Thanks,
Nathan