Hi Nick,

I'm using Kubuntu 13.04 with Geforce 560Ti without any problems.  I
haven't installed the NVidia driver manually, rather just let Kubuntu
pull it in when I installed.  Do you manually install NVidia drivers?

>From the errors I'd suspect that software GL driver is being invoked.
Which suggest something is amiss with picking up the NVidia driver.
NVidia or Ubuntu forums would likely be the best place to chase up a
solution.

Robert.