Hi Sebastian,

I get your points. The situation we come from is:

We have Image data that is produced during application runtime that never
existed on disk separately. So our osg::Image has no filename defined. So we
decided to inline the data rather than pushing them to disk.

When writing our data into OSGT, the WriteImageHint=IncludeData gets accepted,
but nothing will get written as OutputStream.cpp checks for binary mode. Then
the result is an empty definition of osg::Image inside the OSGT. As far as I
remember that does not even produce a warning.

Now if you would like to have OSGT and OSGB have to behave equivalently, one
might consider, to never use “IncludeData” or to extend OSGT to inline the data
regardless of its file size.

In the end the users must choose whether they are fine with increasing their
file sizes by image data when using IncludeData in ASCII mode.

But at least then the OSG behavior is consistent with its plugin options.

Cheers,

Johannes