Hello List and Forum,

We're developing an application that aims to take the best advantages of
"ultra-wide screen", which in our terms is basically using 3 widescreen
monitors.

Since our camera is to be of a kind of "first person", I'd like to be able
to display a field of view of about 180 degrees.

I've been able to achieve that by using something like what's in
osgdistortion, which is using a CompositeViewer with the main camera and 3
slave cameras.

Now the items that should look "straight" are now "bent" at the 2 viewport
junctions.

So the 2 options I found were:
1) RTT everything that is in the scene and draw the texture on a distorted
polygon (like in osgdistortion)
2) Draw on a quad and use a shader to distort the quad or what's on it.

Questions:
1) In both cases I need to draw to a texture.
---> camera->attach(osg::Camera::COLOR_BUFFER, texture, 0,
osg::TextureCubeMap::POSITIVE_Z);
This approach uses 6 faces of a cube map. Is there a way to use only 3
cameras, i.e. tell the camera to draw only on a part of the texture?

2) Would there be a way to tell the viewer to draw on a texture instead of
the cameras?

3) Is the shader approach the best or the textured mesh is better?

Thanks all; and sorry if I'm not too clear, it's not much clearer to me :P

--
Alexandre Vaillancourt