On 26.8.2013 22:32, deniz diktas wrote:
Is there a method or utility (maybe some visitor) inside osg that can modify
the models so that the rendered model is consistent with opengl-3.x and
opengl-es2.0 features, and that these notifications are disabled?
Hi Deniz,

The short answer is: To my best knowledge, and i might be wrong, osg doesn't provide utility or visitor that can remove fixed pipeline state attributes from the graph or visitor that is able to output core opengl or ES2.0 compatible shaders to be used as a replacement for the fixed pipeline state attributes.

Anyway, you might want to have a look at the osgshadergen example to see how to do it with osgUtils:ShaderGenVisitor but I believe it won't produce opengl 3 core or ES 2 compatible shaders. You can of course modify ShaderGenVisitor source...

Also, there is osg::ShaderComposer you might want to have a look at, designed to solve problems like one you are describing. The idea here is to attach "shader componet" to any? fixed pipeline state attribute and then let osg automatically compose final shader program for you. The bad news here is that shader composer isn't finished yet, I believe. Of course, you can have a look at the osgshadercomposition example ...

Robert Milharcic