Sorry Jan,

I was referring to the issue mentioned first in this thread :

FindFileInPath() : trying C:\Osg_Source\OpenSceneGraph\
bin\osgPlugins-3.0.1\osgdb_vrml.dll ...
FindFileInPath() : USING C:\Osg_Source\OpenSceneGraph\
bin\osgPlugins-3.0.1\osgdb_vrml.dll
DynamicLibrary::failed loading "osgPlugins-3.0.1/osgdb_vrml.dll"
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file
"C:\Osg_Source\OpenSceneGraph\bin\object.wrl".

Although the plugin was correctly compiled (even now on 3.2.0 branch with
OpenVRML 0.18.9) the osgdb_vrml plugin wouldn't load. Tracing the code, it
was loading but throwing an uncaught no_registry_key exception while trying
to find OpenVRML data directory on WIN32 targets, see
http://svn.openvrml.org/viewvc/openvrml/trunk/src/libopenvrml/openvrml/local/conf.cpp?view=markup#l121

Setting the  OPENVRML_DATADIR environment variable to the registry key will
correct this.

AFAIK this had nothing to do with your comment :-)

Regards,

--
nǝıɥʇɐƜ