Terry,

Thank you for your clarification!

My currently knowledge (which might be false) is that you can choose the target
system by a) using another SDK to compile and use libs compatible to XP, and b)
by defining the subsystem version for the linker.
This modified linking affects two things: The subsystem is noted in the
executable and can be edited with ORCA afaik. Additionally it changes the way
how it is linked. A manually patched exe might work on XP or not, depending on
the linker whether it used one of the new API calls or not.

To avoid all this caveats (and because the package contains also executables),
I decided to mark it as non-XP.

I have still some customers using XP, but I admit I'm pushing torwards Win 7.
In my opinion is Win7 a worthy successor of XP and I try to phase out all the
XP support hooks - in particular since it is only supported until April 2014.

Best regards,
Torben