Hi Nick,

On 2 December 2013 15:18, Trajce Nikolov NICK <trajce.nikolov.n...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I have to model rain drops on wind shield, and not aligned to screen but
> in 3d. I have set of rain drop "models" from Modo and looking around for
> the best approach to get these models randomly placed in 3D on a geometry
> (the wind shield) as many as possible.

I wouldn't personally render rain drops with traditional geometry, rather
I'd try and create quads that are textured and using pixel shaders that do
motion blur and refraction effects that are required.  On the wind shield
rain drops are only briefly round and will quickly coalesce with other
drops and then run across the screen with gravity and wind effects, here
sphere's wouldn't appropriate at all.