I am trying to get my osg project running on Ubuntu 12.04. I originally had it
working with OSG 2.8.3, but I am trying to upgrade to OSG 3.0.1.2. I installed
the following packages using Synaptics.

libopenscenegraph-dev
libopenscenegraph80
openscenegraph
openscenegraph-doc
openscenegraph-examples
libopenthreads-dev
libopenthreads14

I can run the osg examples fine. My application attempts to create a standalone
window using the following code.

Code:

void OsgSimulationWindow::InitStandalone(Simulator *lpSim, OsgSimulator
*lpVsSim)
{
  m_osgViewer = new osgViewer::Viewer;
  m_osgManip = new OsgCameraManipulator(lpSim, m_osgViewer.get());
  m_osgViewer->setCameraManipulator(m_osgManip.get());

  osgGA::GUIEventHandler *lpHandler = new OsgDraggerHandler(lpSim,
m_osgViewer.get());
  m_osgViewer->addEventHandler(lpHandler);

  // Create the window and run the threads.
  m_osgViewer->setUpViewInWindow(m_ptPosition.x, m_ptPosition.y, m_ptSize.x,
m_ptSize.y);

  CStdColor *vColor = lpSim->BackgroundColor();
  m_osgViewer->getCamera()->setClearColor(osg::Vec4(vColor->r(), vColor->g(),
vColor->b(), vColor->a()));
  m_osgViewer->setSceneData(lpVsSim->OSGRoot());

  int inheritanceMask =
          (osgUtil::SceneView::VariablesMask::ALL_VARIABLES &
          ~osgUtil::SceneView::VariablesMask::CULL_MASK);

  // set mask for upper camera
  m_osgViewer->getCamera()->setInheritanceMask(inheritanceMask);
  m_osgViewer->getCamera()->setCullMask(0x1);

  m_osgViewer->realize();
}

This worked in 2.8.3. However, when I run it with the 3.1 I get a window that
shows up in the task bar with a big question mark and it does not actually
display anything. I set the osg logging level to DEBUG_INFO, but I am not
seeing any errors are warnings in it. I then tried create a full screen window
by commenting out the setupViewInWindow method call, and this worked. The scene
rendered correctly in full screen mode. So my osg is working, it is just
something with starting in a stand-alone screen that is the problem.

I then started looking through the examples and I found the osgkeyboardmouse
example that opens a screen like I want. I was able to run the example that is
installed in the deb package. However, when I downloaded the example .cpp and
compiled it myself it produces the same result as my simulation. A window with
a ? that does not display. Here are the commands I am using to compile the
example.

Code:

g++  -MMD "/home/david/AnimatLabSDK/Test/osgkeyboardmouse/osgkeyboardmouse.cpp"
-g -O0 -DDEBUG -DMONODEVELOP
-I"/home/david/AnimatLabSDK/Test/osgkeyboardmouse/.prec/Debug"  -c -o
"/home/david/AnimatLabSDK/Test/osgkeyboardmouse/bin/Debug/osgkeyboardmouse.o"

Generating binary "osgkeyboardmouse" from object files
g++ -o
"/home/david/AnimatLabSDK/Test/osgkeyboardmouse/bin/Debug/osgkeyboardmouse"
"/home/david/AnimatLabSDK/Test/osgkeyboardmouse/bin/Debug/osgkeyboardmouse.o"
-l"osg" -l"osgDB" -l"osgFX" -l"osgGA" -l"osgManipulator" -l"osgParticle"
-l"osgShadow" -l"osgSim" -l"osgTerrain" -l"osgText" -l"osgUtil" -l"osgViewer"
-l"osgVolume" -l"osgWidget"

I am kind of stumped. It seems like the example should be working, but it is
not. I was hoping someone might have some suggestions on what I could be doing
wrong?

Thanks,
David