Hi Arden,

The NodeTrackerManipulator tracks nodes in the scene and creates a
view matrix for the Camera to track it.  It doesn't do exactly what
you won't but the implementation might provide inspiration.  The key
bit is computing the transform of the aircraft and then camera
relative to this, this combined matrix will be the inverse of the
matrix that you want to apply as the Camera view matrix.

Robert.