Hi Robert,

I think Tianlan may be correct about the getScale function.  Here's why:

The osg Matrix class was written as row major ordering (layout in memory is
column major so it works with OpenGl).  If you look at the matrix in row major
order with the rotation matrix separated from the scaling it will look
something like this

Sx { r00, r01, r02, 0 }
Sy { r10, r11, r12, 0 }
Sz { r20, r21, r22, 0 }
1  {   x,   y,   z, 1 }

This assumes the 3x3 rotation matrix, r, is properly normalized and no skew.

To get the X scale, Sx, value you need to get the length of the top row from
the matrix.  The current getScale function gets the length of the left column
(of the rotation matrix only).  The getScale function also swaps rows and
columns when getting the Y and Z scale.  To me, it looks like the getScale
function improperly transposes the 3x3 rotation matrix.

Is there anyone using the getScale function?

----
Tom Jolley