Hi Sam,

I don't use Windows but have witnessed lots of users report trapped by
build/runtume link problems under Windows due to the crappy way that
Windows/Visual Studio manages linking of libraries at runtime.  You
can't mix libraries that are built with different memory allocators
such as debug/release.

I would recommend making sure you don't have different build types on
the same machine that you can accidentally link to at runtime, make
sure that everything is built in a consistent way.

The other solution is just move to an operating system and build tools
that don't make developing C++ application so unnecessarily hard.

Robert.