Hi.
I won't go into each of the questions, but I recommend you read
"OpenSceneGraph 3.0: Beginner's guide" and OpenSceneGraph 3 Cookbook". The
first book describes your first 2 questions with working examples. Not sure
what the 3rd one means, but handling mouse events is described, too.
Examples' source code is available at
https://github.com/xarray/osgRecipes/tree/master/cookbook