Hi Nick & Per

You have to reduce the amount of data transferred by the driver to the
card. I have been dealing with the same issue and the solution that
worked for me is to chop the data to smaller chunks and/or spread the GL
compile phase into more frames . To spread the number of GL compile call
in case of the OpenSceneGraph you have to modify it a bit to do this task.

By the way the solution Nick mentioned works only if you have enough of
resources. Once your per frame data are bigger then the HW resources
available, the driver will do its own "magic" that causes the occasional
jerky movement/frame freezes.

Have fun!
Vaclav