Hi Pjotr,

On 24 October 2014 16:02, Pjotr Svetachov <pjotrsvetac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What about FindCompileableGLObjectsVisitor, it is run on the pager thread.
> Is that visitor thread safe? Just had a quick look at it and there are too
> many different paths in osg code I'm not familiar with to make an
> assessment for me about thread safety. For example it can call
> Geometry::setUseVertexBufferObjects depending on the database pager flags,
> is that method thread safe.

Initially I was about to say that FindCompileableGLObjectsVisitor just
collects data so should be thread safe, but your point about
setUseVertexBufferObjects() etc. is an something that is potentially
unsafe.  The visitor currently assumes that it's working on the subgraph
single threaded and has complete control over it, but in cases where the
subgraph is shared and that shared subgraph is being traversed by other
threads we have potential for threading conflicts.

I don't know yet whether than it an issue here, but could be so will look
at this possibility.