Hello All,

With all of the news of the Rosetta/Philae lately, I thought I would share some
screen shots of my project with ESA to provide 3D graphics to some software
they use for satellite mission planning called MAPPS (Mapping and Payload
Planning Science). This is all based on another framework I've been working on
called OpenIGS/Saccades which is basically a modular framework primarily for
connecting various simulations with 3D graphics (using OSG as the graphics
engine) among other things. More info can be found here:
http://cesium-solutions.com/projects/mapps/mapps-openigs.html.

Granted the graphics quality is not up to the standards that I see on many of
the screenshots here. But up until now the focus has been on integration with
the MAPPS simulation framework and practical functionality for the ESA
scientists. More graphics features will be coming soon such as shadowing,
outgassing, material shaders, and other analytic type annotations as the
Rosetta mission continues for the next year or so.

Attachments:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org//files/openigs2_rosetta_2_411.png
http://forum.openscenegraph.org//files/mapps__philae_trajectory_611.png
http://forum.openscenegraph.org//files/mapps__philae_closeup_118.png