From: osg-users [mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf
Of Robert Osfield
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:06 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] FLATTEN_STATIC_TRANSFORMS Not Always Working

Hi Karl,

There isn't any way for me to know whether you have hit upon a bug or just that
the scene graph you are trying to optimize is structured in way that could can
eliminate the transforms as I simply don't have a dataset that reproduces it.
One of the things that prevent transforms being flattened and then removed is
if a subgraph has two parents each with it's own unique transform.

I would add that the Optimizer and all it's parts is a sticky plaster fix for
bad scene graphs, it tries it's best to fix bad scene graphs but it can't
always do everything that could be done.  In an ideal world all scene graph
would be built optimally in the modelling software and never need this fix up
processing.

Robert.